Temporary dk villas Cancellation Policy Amendment Coronavirus Update November 2021:
In response to the increasing concerns about travelling during the recent Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak, dk villas has temporarily amended our cancellation policy to ensure guests can confidently book their holiday risk free. This policy only specifically applies to COVID-19 related issues.
Please note that these booking policies apply for all new bookings made after April 1st, 2020 for travel. dk villas reserves the right to revert to our normal cancellation policy within this period. However, the booking policy that applies to each booking is the effective booking policy on booking date not travel date. Bookings made via agents (e.g. AirBnB, Booking.com, Lekkeslaap etc.) may be charged an agency cancellation fee.
- In order to secure a reservation, a 50% deposit on accommodation is due.
- Deposit is 100% refundable until date of reservation for any guest-initiated cancellations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this includes but is not limited to government lockdowns, travel bans, exposure to COVID-19, or contracting COVID-19.
- Deposit is 100% refundable if dk villas initiates a closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this includes but is not limited to government lockdowns, travel bans, COVID-19 cases in the team, or area, threat to the health and safety of our team or guests, or business-related inability to trade.
- Full payment for accommodation is due 7 days prior to arrival. Full refund is available if the status of dk villas’ operations changes prior to arrival.
- If guests are required to vacate the dk villa during their stay due to a COVID-19 related matter, any nights not taken will be refunded in full.
- If guests would prefer to postpone instead of cancel, we would be happy to do so.
We will attempt to stay in contact with our guests, letting them know what is happening with regards to dk villas closures that may need to be initiated during this period. Please note, that while we will try to do this in advance, we may not always have advance notice of government-mandated or local-response closures until the last minute. Please also note, that with lockdowns, we have an ethical responsibility to our team to allow them to travel and prepare and therefore our closure dates may not always follow the exact government mandated dates.
For easy reference, herewith our standard dk villas cancellation policy.
Standard dk villas Cancellation Policy
A minimum of R100,00 or 10% of the total booking value will be deducted from all refunds as administrative charges.
Cancellation up to 60 days before arrival full refund less administrative charges.
Cancellation up to 8 days before arrival 50% of the booking total will be forfeited.
Cancellations 7 days and fewer before arrival and in case of no-show 100% of the booking total will be forfeited.